Monday, June 24, 2013

Amazing Brownies


I`m back from my week-long road trip with my family, which means more brownies this Monday! I hope you all are still excited. :) I`m sorry about not being able to post last Monday. I was on the road, without internet, so I couldn`t write a post and I didn`t have time to prepare ahead of time.

Oh yeah, I officially graduated!! As a celebration, my family and I went on a Pacific Northwest road trip. I got back last night and I`m exhausted! LOL. It was definitely fun, though. I went with both of my parents, my two younger sisters, and my 3 younger cousins. We live in Southern California, so we drove from SoCal, to Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon! There was A LOT of driving involved, especially to all of these states in one week! We ate lots of food, but I`ll write more about them later when I organize my pictures.


I have been researching many brownie recipes since I started Brownie Mondays. It took me a long time to decide on the final Brownie Monday recipe. I scoured through my bookmarks and my favorite blogs for the right brownie recipe and landed on these brownies from A Farmgirl's Dabbles.

Three weeks ago was my last ever finals week, so I decided to bake some goodies for my friends since I didn`t have any exams. I baked some chocolate chip cookies, blueberry muffins, and these brownies for them. I packaged them in a cute red paper bag and sealed them with deco/washi tape. Let`s just say they were happy to receive these goodies!

The brownies were denser than those cakey brownies and more chocolatey for sure. I dusted powdered sugar on top of my brownies to equalize the bitterness of the chocolate. Overall, a 4/5 from me!


Brownies
Adapted Slightly from A Farmgirl's Dabbles | Yields: 24 brownies | Level: Easy | Total Time: 1 hour | Print 

Ingredients:
§  2 cups granulated sugar
§  1 cup vegetable oil
§  4 large eggs
§  1 ½ cups all purpose flour
§  10 tablespoons Hershey's cocoa powder
§  1 teaspoon salt
§  1 tablespoon vanilla extract
§  1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Materials Needed:
-          1- 9x13nonstick pan
-          1 medium bowl
-          1 large mixing bowl
-          2 whisks
-          1 fine mesh sieve
-           
Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 350F.
2.      Line a 9x13inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
3.      In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, and eggs with a whisk until combined.
4.      In a medium bowl, shift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
5.      Transfer dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, etc) to the wet ingredients (sugar, oil, etc) and mix with rubber spatula until just incorporated.
6.      Add vanilla.
7.      Transfer batter into pan.
8.      Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.
9.      Bake for 20 minutes.
10.  Turn the oven heat off and leave the brownies in the oven for another 15 minutes.

11.  Cool on rack and cut into squares just before serving.
Cooksnaps